TO INCREASE THE BENEFITS OF YOUR SESSION AND DECREASE DISCOMFORT:
- Drink lots of water and avoid caffeine and alcohol for the rest of the day.
- Soak in epsom salt to help minimize next-day soreness. Be sure to rinse off the salt afterwards to prevent the reabsorption of lactic acid and other toxins.
- Trigger points can continue releasing for up to 72 hours after the session. So even though you can compete straight off the table, by resting/not stretching the muscles for 2-3 days you buy yourself some extra therapy.
- After the rest window, stretching is strongly encouraged to help prevent trigger points. You will need to target the specific muscles that are tight.
- Fingertip bruising may occur and is normal.